Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First Class: Magic Boats and Lists of Days

During my first visit to Trumbull, the Second Grade class wrote poems after reading Sonnet by Dante Aligheri, which talks about what he would do if he had a magic boat. The students wrote poems describing where they would go, and what adventures they would have. The Third and Fourth grade students read Magic by Dahlia Ravakovitch, and wrote poems detailing what they were yesterday, what they are today, and what they will be tomorrow. They created these descriptions using their feelings, and thinking about how they could describe those feelings using something out in the world. Enjoy!

2nd Grade


Beautiful in California
by Jalyssa M.

I wish that me, my brothers and sisters, and Mom and Dad could go to California. When we get there, it is beautiful. I ask my mom to go swimming. After we go swimming, we go to a hotel and check out a room. We watch TV, and then we go to bed.

To the Bat Cave
by Nathan P.

I am going to the Bat Cave.
I will bring my family.
It looks like a very dark cave
with bats and monsters.
All of the animals are ghosts.
We play with the animals
and the animals don’t hurt us.

Las Vegas
by Faith H.

I went to Las Vegas and it was very beautiful there. I went with my friends and I saw shorts. I stayed in a hotel. I went to a restaurant and I bought a lot of stuff. It looked like you were surrounded by shorts and it was so hot.

4th Grade

What am I Today?
by Aven D.

Today I’m a bird,
tomorrow a cat
looking for a
cat to play
with.

Last night I dreamt
rainbows, butterflies,
orange fishes.

In the evening, I
listened to the water
floating by and birds
singing.

Yesterday I was
water floating by the
sea.

Yesterday I was a
chair that was just lying
there. Today I’m a
tree that grows
and tomorrow I’ll
be a person just
running along.

I am a Net Battler
by Henry L.

Today, I am Megaman
blasting viruses on the internet.
Deleting them, using chips for
special attacks.

Tomorrow, I will be Protoman,
slicing bad guys.
Deleting them, dodging what
the bad guys throw at me.

Yesterday, I was dreaming
about unusual viruses.
Today I think of being
Darkman. He is evil. Maybe
I won’t be him. I will be
Wingman. Tomorrow Protoman
will delete all the viruses
in the Net. No more viruses
in the Net, no more.

Everything I Am
by Jessica S.

Today I’m a flower,
tomorrow a rock.
Always thinking
of seeds clicking together.

Last night I dreamt
of flowers of all colors,
pink, brown, green, and so
much more.

Today I’m a nice calm tiger,
tomorrow an oak tree.

Yesterday a butterfly
today a book. Tomorrow
I’ll be a beautiful horse.

3rd Grade

How I Feel
by Brandon R.

Today I’m a drum, tomorrow I’m a
mouse. I dreamed of a valley.

I listened to the ocean. It was
a nice day. It was great.

A babbling brook was music to my
ears. I dreamed of oceans.

Today I am a rock, tomorrow
I am a sun.

Yesterday a mountain,
today I am Earth.
Tomorrow I am space.

What I Am
by Amanda P.

Today I’m a lion,
tomorrow a turtle.

I dreamt of blue butterflies.

I listened to parakeets chatter,
dog banging on the cage.

Today I am a book,
tomorrow a snake.

Yesterday a sticker,
today I’m a fox.

The Stuff I Do Today and Tomorrow
by Almir N.

Yesterday I felt a little loud,
today I feel hot like
a sun. Tomorrow I feel like
snow. I listen to a wrestling song
in the sky. I dream about
being a wrestler. Today I feel like
John Cena. Tomorrow I feel like
Triple H.

No comments: