Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dreaming without Buying

This week, in my last visit with the Trumbull students before the new year, we read In Praise of Dreams by Wislawa Szymborska, a famous Polish poet. In the poem, she writes about all of the things that she can do and see in her dreams that she can't in her waking life. The poem is written in couplets , so we also learned what that word means, and how to create them in their own poems. The students wrote their own Dreams poems, with the rule included that they could not BUY anything in their written dreams. Enjoy the results!

4th Grade
I Am Dreaming

by Ismael P.

In my dreams
I’m a wrestler, fighting in the WWE.

I go to Antarctica
and I control all of the snow in the world.

I am a sky scraper
touching the sky.

I am a dog
running away from another dog.

I am a cat
running because someone wants my fur.

I am
the President of the entire world.

Dreams
by Steven M.

I can eat
a million pieces of candy in one minute.

I beat John Cena
in RAW and Ray Mysterioso.

I am bored when
today is yesterday and yesterday is today.

In My Dreams
by Daniel M.

In my dream
I am a famous soccer player.

I am the President
of the United States.

Some aliens
take me to their ship.

I can control
fire, wind, water, and land.

I am a superhero
controlling everything up in space.


2nd Grade
Dreams

by Roberto D.

I am a spider
eating a cookie.

I am a rock star
playing with a guitar.

I am a football
flying up to the moon.

I am Santa
at the North Pole.

I am a pencil
writing in a book.

I am a car driving
on the road.

I am a dog
seeing a bone.

In My Dreams
by Felix A.

I can eat a cookie
without using my mouth.

I can open a box
without using my hands

I can make the rain stop
when I clap.

I can pet
an alligator.

The Amazing Dreams
by Nathan P.

I can eat
through metal bars.

I can jump
to the sun that is blue.

I can change animals
different colors with my finger.

I can make the sky
fall to the ground.


3rd Grade
Dreams

by Santiago D.

I am a toy that
takes electricity.

I am trucks formed
as Super Saiyn.

I am glue and a
rock with paper.

I am a bear
being eaten.

I have 300 shirts
that say D-Generation-X.

I am a clock
ticking.

Dreaming in Your Sleep
by Edwin T.

I am dreaming
about a football player making an interception.

I am dreaming
a rhino fighting a pig.

I am dreaming about getting mad
and going to Mr. Perkins, and Mr. Perkins
telling us to get along and we did.

My Dreams
by Amanda P.

In my dreams I
have a house made out of money.

I speak with lions
in a jungle.

I see a beautiful
waterfall and a rainbow.

I see a wonderful, colorful
garden house.

I fly on a cloud
over the seventh heavens.

I run with horses
of all different colors and sizes.

I swim with dolphins
in the Pacific Ocean.

No comments: